- 4 pounds corned beef
- 1 pound salt pork, unsliced
- 1 large cabbage, quartered
- 10 large whole carrots, peeled
- 1 large turnip, peeled and cut large
- 8 large potatoes, peeled
- 8 parsnips, peeled
- 12 small beets, unpeeled
Simmer corned beef and salt pork in unsalted water to cover for about 1 hour. Add turnip, carrots and parsnips. Cook 1 more hour, then add potatoes and cabbage.
Read the rest of New England Boiled Dinner Recipe
. Reading time 32 secs.
- 1 1/2 pounds unsliced salt pork
- about 4 cups milk for soaking
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (additional)
- 1 cup milk for baking (additional)
- 8 small potatoes, peeled
Wash salt pork in clear water, place in kettle and cover with about 4 cups milk. Soak overnight. Drain, discarding milk in which pork was soaked. Score rind with cuts 1 inch deep. Fill cuts with stuffing made by combining breadcrumbs, salt, sage and teaspoon pepper, then adding the water.
Read the rest of Roast Salt Pork Recipe
. Reading time 50 secs.
- 1 1/2 pound salt pork, sliced very thin
- flour and cornmeal for dredging
- 2 tablespoons flour for thickening milk
- 2 cups milk (or sour cream)
Cover pork slices with boiling water and let stand 3 minutes. Do not allow to cook. Remove slices and drain well. In a mixture of equal amounts of Hour and cornmeal, dredge slices. Fry in heavy frying pan in their own fat until crisp and golden brown. Remove, drain on brown paper and keep hot. Pour off fat in pan, leaving about 2 tablespoonfuls. Return pan to heat and stir in flour, then add milk, stirring constantly, to make a creamy gravy speckled with tiny crumbs of pork.
Read the rest of Pan Fried Salt Pork Recipe
. Reading time 37 secs.