Bryson King is a very cute two year old. Why’s he appearing in a sports blog? He happened to be hit by an Albert Pujols foul ball on May 23, 2005.
“Bryson screamed from the blow as blood trickled down his nostrils. Michael carried his son to a nearby concession stand where a fan handed him a bag of ice.”
Egads. Bryson suffered a skull fracture, but didn’t need surgery.
Albert Pujols did stop by the hospital and dropped off the following:
- autographed wooden baseball bat
- autographed blue Cardinals cap
- autographed baseball card
- two autographed baseballs
- two soiled batting gloves he wore in a recent game
- pair of red-and-white Nike baseball cleats – size 13
- posed for a Polaroid photograph with Bryson
- told his parents they could get free game tickets anytime
Nice gesture by a nice guy.