As a St. Louis Cardinals fan, you’ll have to excuse my joy in the fact the Boston Red Sox were swept out of the playoffs this year. I won’t make any excuses as to why the St. Louis Cardinals were swept in the world series, so there should be no excuses for the Boston Red Sox.
So, what happens now? Here’s a top 5 list of things that the Boston Red Sox should expect now that they’ve been swept out of the playoffs:
- David Ortiz will continue to get fatter. Babe Ruth love aside, he can’t get much bigger.
- Johnny Damon will shave all the hair off his body. He has to do something to get some of his magic back.
- Curt Schilling will end up creating his own online game. Curt’s got the time now and he even has the money.
- Edgar Renteria will try to shake off ending the Boston Red Sox post season two years in a row.
- The fans go back to bitching about a curse.