- 3 pounds short ribs of beef
- 2 medium onions, peeled and quartered
- 2 cups canned tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper flour for dredging
- 2 tablespoons fat for browning
Cut ribs into serving pieces. Dredge with flour and brown in hot fat in frying pan. Remove and place in heavy baking dish which has a close fitting lid. Add onions, tomatoes and seasonings. Cover tightly and bake in 325 oven for about 3 hours, or until meat is very tender. Serves 6.