- 1 package (3 ozs) lime-flavored gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 package (3 ozs) cherry-flavored gelatin
- 1 package (3 ozs) lemon-flavored gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups syrup drained from pineapple, plus water
- 1 package (8 ozs) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (1 lb, 4 1/2 ozs) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
Add the lime-flavored gelatin to 1 cup boiling water; stir to dissolve; add 1/2 cup cold water and pour into a pan (8×8 inches). Chill in refrigerator until set.
Prepare the cherry-flavored gelatin in the same way, using remaining 1 cup boiling water and 1/2 cup cold water, pouring the mixture into a second pan. Chill until set.
Dissolve the lemon-flavored gelatin in 1 cup hot sirup; add remaining 1/2 cup sirup, softened cream cheese, and drained pineapple. Chill in refrigerator until syrupy.
Cut the firm lime and cherry gelatin molds into half-inch cubes. Fold the whipped cream into the lemon-pineapple mixture. Carefully add the cubed gelatin and fold in gently. Pour into a 2 quart salad mold. Chill in refrigerator until set. Serve on a flat serving plate.
Yield: 10 to 12 servings.