- 1 9-inch uncooked pie shell 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, finely minced
- 3/4 cup grated Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup cooked chicken, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup crisp crumbled bacon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup light cream
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon flour
- dash nutmeg
- teaspoon salt
Melt butter in small skillet and saute onion for 4 or 5 minutes until transparent. Cool slightly and sprinkle on uncooked pie shell with Swiss cheese, chopped chicken, and bacon.
In a bowl combine eggs, light cream, heavy cream, flour, nutmeg, and salt. Pour over other ingredients in pie shell and bake in preheated oven at 375°F. for approximately 40 minutes. Serves 6.