Tying a four-in-hand knot
A four-in-hand knot is rather small and tubular shaped. Here’s how to tie it.
1. Place the tie around your neck with the wider end on the right and about 2 inches longer than the narrower end.
2. Bring the wider endover and around the narrow end 1.5 times so that it is pointing to the left.
3. Take the wide end up behind the knot, bringing it back out at the throat.
4. Tuck it through the lower crosswise piece in front and pull to tighten.
5. The wide end should cover, and be a bit longer than, the narrow end.