Warm up with the salutation to the sun exercise, with one posture flowing into the other.
1. Stand with your hands and feet together.
2. Inhaling deeply, raise your arms over your head and stretch backward.
3. As you exhale, slowly bend forward until you touch the ground.
4. Inhaling, throw your right leg behind you; stretch your neck forward.
5. Throw the other leg behi nd you, keeping your body in a straight line.
6. Exhaling, lower your knees, your forehead, and your chest to the ground; follow with your hips.
7. Raise your upper torso and, as you inhale, slowly stretch upward with your back arched and your head back.
8. With your feet flat on the floor, raise your hips until your legs are straight.
9. Bring your right foot forward and resume posture 4.
10. Bring the other foot forward and straighten your legs.
11. Slowly stand up; resume posture
12. Return to starting posture. Repeat, using the left leg in posture 4.