- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter or margarine, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 envelope ( 1 tbs) unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 package (8 ozs) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (15 ozs) sweetened condensed milk
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- cup whipping cream, whipped
To make crust:
Combine crumbs, melted butter, sugar, and nutmeg; set aside %3 cup for top; press remainder of mixture in bottom of 9- or 10-inch spring form pan. Bake in a moderate oven (350F) 8 minutes. Cool.
To make filling:
Pour gelatin into cold water in a custard cup. Let stand 2 minutes; then place cup in half-inch of water in a saucepan and heat until gelatin is dissolved.
Whip together softened cream cheese, condensed milk, lemon rind, lemon juice, and gelatin until well combined and creamy. Fold in whipped cream. Pour over cooled crust in spring-form pan. Sprinkle reserved crumbs over top. Chill in refrigerator at least 4 hours. Remove side of pan and place bottom on a flat cake plate to serve. Cut into wedges. Yield: 8 to 10 servings.