- 1 1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter or margarine
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 can (1 lb, 4 ozs) crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Place half of crumbs in bottom of 8×8-inch pan.
Cream butter, add 1 cup powdered sugar. Add eggs and beat well. Spread this batter over the wafer crumbs. Add layer of nuts and pineapple. Top this with the whipped cream which has been mixed with 1 tablespoon powdered sugar and vanilla. Sprinkle remaining crumbs over surface.
Chill in refrigerator at least 4 hours before serving. Cut into squares to serve.
Yield: 9 servings.