- 7 ounces green (spinach) noodles
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 box ( 5 or 6 ozs) fresh mushrooms, washed and sliced (optional)
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter or margarine
- 2 cans (10 1/2 ozs each) cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cut-up cooked chicken or turkey
Cook noodles according to directions on package.
Pan-fry onion, almonds, and mushrooms in butter in a large skillet for 2 minutes. Add soup and milk and stir to combine. Add salt, pepper, drained noodles, and chicken. Pour into a 2-quart casserole, sprinkle top with additional almonds or some buttered crumbs, if desired, and bake in a moderate oven (350F) 30 minutes. Serve hot.
Yield: 8 servings.