- 4 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1 onion; chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter or margarine
- 2 cans (10 1/2 ozs each) cream of vegetable soup
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded cheese food or Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cubed cooked beef (half-inch cubes)
- 1/2 cup buttered bread crumbs
Cook macaroni according to directions on package.
Pan-fry onion and green pepper in butter in a large skillet, about 2 minutes. Add soup and milk gradually. Stir to blend. Add cheese, drained macaroni, and beef; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Pour into 2-quart casserole; cover with crumbs. Sprinkle with chopped parsley or paprika, if desired. Bake in a moderate oven (350F) 30 minutes, or until bubbly. Serve hot.
Yield: 8 servings.