- 1 package (10 ozs) frozen chopped broccoli
- 6 ounces noodles
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter or margarine
- 4 tablespoons ( 1/4 cup) flour
- 1 2/3 cups milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound fresh or frozen shrimp, cooked and cleaned
Cook broccoli and noodles according to directions on packages. Drain. Combine and place in a 2quart casserole.
Melt butter in a skillet. Add flour; stir to blend. Add milk, egg, and cheese; cook and stir until slightly thickened. Add parsley, salt, and shrimp. Pour over noodle mixture in casserole. Sprinkle with paprika or additional cheese, if desired. Bake in a moderate oven (350F) 30 minutes, or until bubbly. Serve hot. Yield: 8 servings.